San Francisco Bay Area / Palo Alto, CA
email your resume and indicate position to email@example.com
- Drive innovation and initiatives to leverage our scalable cloud computing architecture to create best analytic tools to unlock the full value of our epigenomics data
Define and create best-in-class analytics tools based on cutting-edge science, analytics and demand
Develop effective visualization and reporting strategies for delivery of content to the end user
Identify and integrate external data sources to derive meaningful and valuable insights
- Coordinate / manage customer projects and build strong relationships to foster confidence and deliver value
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION
Work in a cross-functional team to communicate content between scientific and technical team members
Advocate our science / technology at scientific and industry conferences
- PhD in a relevant field, such as bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology and computer science
- Experience developing computational methods for analysis of next generation sequencing (NGS) data for epigenomics, such as identification of transcription factor binding by ChIP-seq
- Proficient with tools and file formats for processing NGS data, including bowtie, picard, samtools, bedtools, SAM and BAM formats
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques for feature selection, supervised and unsupervised learning, network analysis, support vector machines (SVM), principal component analysis (PCA)
- Knowledge of principles of biostatistics, including Bayesian statistics, multivariate regression, generalized linear models, probabilistic graphical models, mixture models, hidden markov models (HMM)
- Additional desired skills:
- Experience integrating external databases and tools into analysis workflows, such as pathway databases
- Experience developing, deploying leading software tools, esp. for enterprise customer s
Interested? Or know someone who might be?
Location: San Francisco Bay Area / Palo Alto
When applying, be sure to tell your story: what makes you tick, why you want to be a part of Epinomics, and what you think you can contribute. Applications cannot be considered without this personal profile. Help us understand who you really are.
Who is EPINOMICS?
Decode the programming of our genome to drive personalized medicine
Our vision is to drive personalized medicine by unlocking the full potential of epigenomics - the “software programming” layer sitting on top of our genomic DNA “hardware” and controls the function of all genes, and is a critical driver of many human diseases, including cancer.
We are a venture-backed startup in the Silicon Valley out of Stanford. We have proprietary technology (highlighted in Stanford annual report) and are building deep data analytics to unlock the value of this multi-dimensional data for pharma, biotech customers, and to bring about the era of personalized medicine.
What do we offer?
- The chance to do work that matters
- Be part of a fast growing company which is defining a whole new field
- Strong platform and team support for your learning, growth, and thought-leadership development
- Energizing workplace and collaborative culture you can truly call home
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Entrepreneurial, agile, and dynamic professional experience